After the decline in August, the European indices recovered during the month of September. The STOXX600 added 330 basis points and finished at +6.9%. Our European portfolio almost tripled this increase by adding 910 basis points, finishing the month at a YTD return (TWR) of +22.9%.
This month’s top performers were :
- Sogefi Spa (+17,8%) jumped up but didn’t make any major announcements.
- SAS AB (+16%) moved upwards after posting good Q3 results. On the 6th of October the share price took a hit as management communicated plans to issue 66m common shares.
- Subsea 7 SA (+14,3%) ordered the construction of a new vessel with Royal IHC in Netherlands. This will enable subsea 7 to participate in new prospects. In the beginning of October the company announced that it has been awarded a substantial contract (NOK150m - 300m) by Ophir Energy.
Our North American portfolio put down an even stronger performance and added 1,230 basis points to finish at 19.5%. (compared to S&P500 which is at +11.6%) Top performances were reported by our largest positions:
- ZAGG (+25%) continued its rise after reporting great Q2 results. The company announced a new range of iPhone 8 accessories such as the mope wireless charging base and the glass+ screen protector for the 3 new iPhone models.
- Yangarra Resources (+22.7%) did not issue any press releases after reporting good operating results for the second quarter.
- Meritor (+31%) announced that it signed a definitive agreement to sell its interest in the Meritor WABCO joint venture. The total sale price is $250m.
- Skywest (+26.5%) announced that it ordered 45 new aircraft but the company did not issue any other press releases.
Subscribe to our newsletter and find out which positions we have added this month.